How can I hide or show areas on my map?Last Updated: May 08, 2019
This article answers questions such as:
- How can I hide other areas on my map?
- How can I mask out surrounding areas on my map?
- How can I highlight only my area on my map?
- How do I show just my area on the map?
- How can I remove other areas just to focus on my community/region/county/city on the map?
In the mapping environment, you can now hide surrounding areas to focus just on your area of interest. You can do this be toggling on the Show My Area Only option.
You may be prompted to select from one of your saved areas. If you don't have a saved area, you can set one up by visiting My Areas on the left menu of the home page.
Next, you'll select Create New Area.
Doing this will pull up the area selection screen, just like the window for a Community Indicator Report. Follow the steps on this window to customize your area and then select Save in the top right corner.
After you select Save you will see a message that the area has been saved and will be added to your list of areas. You can now select this area when for use when building a map.